What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file harmless that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any website. The usefulness of cookie is that the website is able to remember his visit when I return to surf this page. Although many people do not know are carried using cookies for 20 years when they appeared the first browser for the World Wide Web.
What IS NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus or a Trojan, not a worm, no spam, no spyware, no pop-up window opens.
What information is stored a cookie?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. The data stored are technical, personal preferences, content personalization, etc.
The web server will not associate you as a person if your web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same web with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because you are actually associating the browser, not the person.
What kind of cookies are there?
- Cookies techniques: They are the most basic and allow, among other things, knowing when browsing a human or an automated application, when an anonymous user navigates and one registered basic tasks for running any dynamic web.
- Cookies analysis: Collect information on the type of navigation being carried, the sections most used, consulted products, time slot of use, language, etc.
- Cookies advertising: display advertising based on their navigation, their country of origin, language, etc.
What are cookies own and those of others?
The cookies themselves are generated by the current page and third are generated by services or external providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What happens if I disable cookies?
Because we understand the scope may have to disable cookies we show some examples:
- You may not share this site on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The site will not adapt content to your personal preferences, as often happens in online stores.
- Can not access the personal area of this website, such as My Account or My Profile or My orders.
- Online Stores: It will be impossible to make purchases online, will be calling or visiting the physical store if you have it.
- It will not be possible to customize your geographic preferences as time zone, currency or language.
- The website will not perform web analytics about visitors and web traffic, which hinder the competitive web.
- You may not write the blog, you can not upload photos, post comments, evaluate or rate content. The website can not know whether you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- No advertising may show sectioned, which reduced advertising revenue on the web.
To remove cookies from a website should go in your browser settings and there can find the associated domain in question and proceed to its elimination.
Cookie settings for popular browsers
Here’s how to access a particular cookie Chrome browser. Note: These steps may vary depending on the version of the browser:
- Go to Settings or Preferences via the File menu or by clicking the icon customization that appears at the top right.
- You will see different sections, click the Show advanced options.
- Go to Privacy Settings content.
- Select All cookies and site data.
- This displays a list of all cookies ordered by domain. Because it is easier to find cookies enter a particular domain or completely address the Search field cookies.
- After making this filter will appear on the screen one or more lines of web cookies requested. Now simply select it and press X to proceed to its elimination.
To access the cookies settings of Internet Explorer do the following (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options
- Click Privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access the cookie settings Firefox browser do the following (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Options or Preferences depending on your operating system.
- Click Privacy.
- In History choose Use custom settings for history.
- You will now see the option to accept cookies, you can turn on or off according to your preferences.
To access the configuration cookies Browser Safari for OSX follow these (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Preferences, then Privacy.
- On this site you will see the option Block cookies to adjust the type of lock you want to perform.
To access the configuration cookies Browser Safari for iOS follow these (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Settings, then Safari.
- Go to Privacy & Security, you will see the option Block cookies to adjust the type of lock you want to perform.
To access the configuration cookies browser for Android devices do the following (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Run the browser and press Menu, then Settings.
- Go to Privacy, you will see the option to accept cookies or clear the box.
To access the configuration cookies browser for devices Windows Phone do the following (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer, then More, then Settings
- Now you can enable or disable the checkbox Allow cookies.